Tags

No tags :(

CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Minutes of the Meeting of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council held at 7.30 p.m. on Wednesday 19th July 2017 in the Norman Dawson Sports Pavilion, Blakedown.

PRESENT: Chairman Cllr R. Shade, Vice Chairman Cllr Mrs P Hayward, B Hession, J W Long, J Lorton, P Mellor and N Rowlinson.

In attendance: Angela Preece – Clerk to the Parish Council and District Councillor Ian Hardiman.

1. Chairman’s Opening Remarks: The Chairman has received complaints from a local resident regarding the bus service with buses not turning up or arriving late. He received an additional two complaints regarding grass cutting and an overgrown hedge. One resident had called to tell him she liked the new street lights. A letter from a local resident had been received regarding parking around the station, unfortunately the Parish Council has no power to resolve the issues but is lobbying on behalf of local residents as much we can. SmartWater is due to be delivered on the 25th July 2017.

2. Apologies for absence: Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Mrs S Fowler, Cllr R T Benney, the Local Policing Team, District Cllrs M Hart and S Williams.

3. Declarations of Interest: No new declarations received. Previously made declarations (for which a dispensation has been granted) still in place.

4. Community Policing: No Officers in attendance. Police Report for June 2017 already circulated.

No members of the public in attendance for Public Question Time.

Cllr Lorton raised issues regarding a loose manhole cover outside 28 Birmingham Road which he has reported to County Highways. The tree on the footpath between Hodge Hill Lane and New Wood Lane has now been cleared.

 

For public manhle outside 28 bham road, and Halfshire lane and new wood lane has been cleared.

5. Minutes: The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 21st June 2017 were approved with one amendment. Minute reference 7, in relation to the directive from Central Government regarding the number of dwellings to be built should have stated ‘only about 3,000 or so can be accommodated on brown field sites’.

6. District and County Council Matters: Cllr Hardiman gave the report on behalf of County Cllr Marcus Hart. Last meeting of County Council took place on the 13th July 2017, the two main items on the agenda were the recruitment of the new Chief Executive and the report on Councillors allowances. Cllr Hart has written to Blakedown School to arrange a meeting to visit them. He has provided funds from his Divisional Funding to the Parish Council for two new posts for vehicle activated signs. Children’s services continue to be a concern, a Commissioner has been appointed to assist with improving social work practices and outcomes for children. A recent Adult Social Care inspection has received a positive review.

Cllr Hardiman gave his District Council Report. He advised the District Council is currently holding a Public Spaces Protection Order consultation. The Cabinet has approved strategies for the Capital Portfolio Fund and Loans to Third Party Companies. An agreement to work towards establishing a Local Authority Trading Company has also been agreed.

7. Lengthsman & Environmental Maintenance Reports: a) Lengthsman: Work sheet circulated. b) Litter:

There has been some concern about the state of the litter bins, Cllr Benney has checked all the bins and generally they are in good condition but one or two need some minor repair works. There is damage to the aperture of some bins and the lettering is peeling off. Clerk to ask the Lengthsman to do some minor repairs and clean the external casing of the bins on the main road. There have also been problems with the hooks breaking off on the dog bag dispensers, Cllr Lorton has repaired all 15 of them. The Chairman stated that costings were needed before any maintenance plan could be undertaken. Cllr Mellor suggested building in a budget provision for the next financial year to cover repairs and maintenance on the bins. c) Benches: Ongoing.

8. Highways, Traffic, Car Park and Parking Matters: a) Village gateways are due to be delivered imminently. b) Vehicle Activated Signs: Posts for signs have been delivered, County Highways to install them. d) Car Park and Parking Matters: Car park use has increased as there is currently free parking. Letter received from local resident regarding parking issues around the Station.

9. Wyre Forest District Council Public Space Protection Order Consultation: Members wholeheartedly supported the creation of a Public Space Protection Order and would encourage strict enforcement.

10. The Pound: Still waiting for response from County Council regarding ownership of The Pound.

11. Planning and Development Control:

a) Planning Applications Received

17/3038/PNH BROOMFIELD HOUSE BLAKEDOWN

Single storey orangery extension. No objection.

17/0411/TCA GLEBE HOUSE CHURCHILL KIDDERMINSTER

Fell an Ash (T1) & Birch (T2) Cut back 2 Yews (T4 & T5) and an Ash (T6) from highway. Raise canopy above highway along length of boundary to clear high-sided vehicles. Cut back hedgerow to the tree-line along length of boundary. No objection

17/0414/FULL 20 GLADSTONE PLACE BLAKEDOWN KIDDERMINSTER

Erection of a wooden gazebo in the rear garden. No objection

17/0428/FULL 1 THE CROFT BLAKEDOWN KIDDERMINSTER

Proposed two storey rear extension forming kitchen/family area with bedroom/dressing area over

No objection.

b) Planning Decisions Received

None

c) Wyre Forest District Local Plan Review – Preferred Options Consultation: Members agreed to formulate a response combining the recommendations of the Working Party from the meeting on the 5th July 2017 with additional views made by Members, some additional information was gained at the

drop-in sessions.

d) Planning Application 17/0205/OUTL FORMER LEA CASTLE HOSPITAL: Members agreed to formulate a response in relation to the above application in the neighbouring Parish of Wolverley and Cookley.

12. Parish Website: Ongoing.

13. Defibrillator and Kiosk: Waiting for kiosk to be refurbished.

14. SmartWater: The Police and volunteers are meeting on Tuesday 25th July 2017 at 6.00 p.m. to deliver SmartWater kits. They will be based at the Scout Hut.

Cllr Hardiman left the meeting at 21.03 p.m.

15. Financial Report and Payment of Accounts:

a) Members noted bank balances at the 5th July 2017.

b) Members approved payments as per the list with the addition of the following payments:

Lengthsman and contract work £693.00, N Power £572.50.

16. Street Lighting: Cllr Benney had provided a report via the Chairman. The street light replacement programme is currently in the process of being done.

17. Clerk’s Report: Clerks report on ongoing items noted.

18. Correspondence for Information: Members noted the correspondence report circulated with the agenda.

19. Councillor’s Reports and items for future agendas: None received.

20. Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 20th September 2017 at 7.30 p.m. in the Pavilion, Blakedown Sports Centre, Birmingham Road, Blakedown.

The meeting closed at 9.15 p.m.

Dated this 20th September 2017 ………….…………………………………………………

Chairman to Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council

Notes of Public Question Time

No Members of the Public were in attendance.